Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions – General
General stuff about our business practices, hours, locations, etc.
We work on-site Monday through Friday starting at 8 AM and generally through 5 PM. Before and after hours we work on quotes, scheduling, and phone calls.
I serve areas within 30 miles of San Tan Valley including Queen Creek, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Florence, Coolidge, Apache Junction, and Gold Canyon. Contact us (call or text) at 623-396-7656 to see if we serve your specific location.
- Lugo Handyman Services is an LLC registered with the state of Arizona and insured.
- Rick Lugo/Owner does work categorized as Handyman work inside the state which does not require him to be a licensed contractor. We only work under those state guidelines so we keep our jobs to $1000 or less and we do not do any work that requires a permit or any major remodeling jobs. We also do not do any roofing work or repairs.
- Because we operate within AZ Handyman guidelines we do not need to be bonded.
Pricing and Billing
Information about quotes, flat rate pricing, deposits, and payments.
We will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible but definitely within 24 hours.
- We charge based on the job, not by the hour MOST of the time. There are times when it’s not clear how long a job will take in which case we have to charge an hourly rate but we try to stay away from that.
- If you schedule a job that is on our flat rate price list that is the price you will pay.
- If we give you a quote from our online system we will honor that quote as much as humanly possible unless there are circumstances beyond our control or that were not communicated that will add extended hours to the job. We do reserve the right to adjust our quoted pricing based on any extenuated circumstances.
- We will not bill you for trip charges or surprise you with any other type of charge that isn’t communicated in advance.
- If your job needs some parts out of our inventory (depending on what it is) you’ll be charged for that item at cost plus a very small markup. Often Rick will provide his small supplies free of charge.
- If Rick purchases materials for you (such as a door or window) you’ll be charged for the cost of materials and a very small markup for time spent making the purchase for you.
We do not charge sales tax for services or any products provided to our customers.
Deposits are not required at this time.
- We accept cash, all major credit cards, and PayPal.
- We charge a 2.9% fee for all credit/debit card and PayPal payments. No fees for cash payments. 🙂
Scheduling, canceling, and changing appointments
- Yes, you can cancel or change your appointment but please give us the courtesy of 24 hours notice.
- If we arrive at your house for our scheduled appointment and we cannot get inside to do the job because of your absence we will try to contact you but we can only wait up to 20 minutes and we will consider your job canceled.
Typically yes! If you become a repeat customer and we build your trust we are OK with you giving us access to your home via lockbox, keypad code, or other form of entry. We will fully communicate as we enter and exit the premises to ensure a high level of security and your peace of mind.
FAQ about Service and Guarantees
What to expect from Rick when he arrives, our guarantee
None! Rick will bring all of the tools, ladder, etc. needed for your job. The only thing you need to supply for the most part is the item you want installed/assembled. He also carries an inventory of nails, screws, shims, tubing, etc. in case your job needs some spare parts.
- Please don’t! You know sometimes things arrive smashed or damaged. There is also a chance some parts are missing from your item.
- Please open up anything you want us to assemble, check the contents, and inventory the parts prior to Rick’s arrival.
San Tan Valley Handyman
Plumbing fixture installation
Plumbing fixture installation
Door strike problems
Light Fixture installs
Home finish work